Still with the name Baja International Film Festival, the second edition took place on November 13th through 16th in Pabellón Cultural de la República and Puerto Paraíso. Throughout four days 35 films were screened, we had a total of 80 film screenings: 6 world premieres, 14 national premieres and 1 Latin American premiere.
In 2013, it was held the first edition of the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund, a film fund that so far continues its work to support Mexican cinema and its link with American and Canadian cinematographies.
In the festival’s second edition, we paid tribute to:
- Gael García- Bernal: We projected The Science of Sleep by French director Michel Gondry.
- Mantarraya Productions: We conmemorated their 15th anniversary by screening 3 of their productions, presented by their directors; Stellet Licht by Carlos Reygadas, Sangre by Amat Escalate and Alamar by Pedro González-Rubio.
- Philippe Falardeau: We celebrated his talent and trajectory by granting him the Spotlight award, and by screening Monsieur Lazhar.
SARAH PREFERS TO RUN (Canada)
LOS INSÓLITOS PECES GATO (Mexico)
LA VIDA DESPUÉS (Mexico)
EL COMIENZO DEL TIEMPO
LOS BAÑISTAS (Mexico)
EL REGRESO DEL MUERTO (Mexico)
ALPHÉE DES ÉTOILES (Canada)
Gabriel Figueroa Fund Award – Developtment Stage
1. Epitafio. Directed by Yuleine Olaizola.
2. Operación Baby. Directed by José Luis Valle.
3. Irekani. Directed by Gabriel Mariño.
4. Semana Santa. Directed by Alejandra Márquez.
5. Lisboa. Directed by Pablo Delgado Sánchez.
6. La Raya. Directed by Yolanda Cruz.
7. La Tempestad. Directed by Tatiana Huezo.
Gabriel Figueroa Fund Award in Post-production
1. El comienzo del tiempo. Directed by Bernardo Arellano.
2. Edén. Directed by Elise DuRant.
BajaFilmFest- DocsForum Award
La Plaza de la Soledad. Directed by Martha Sosa y Maya Goded.
1. Los Insólitos Peces Gato. Directed by Claudia Sainte-Luce.
2. LuTo. Directed by Katina Medina Mora.
3. Bering, Balance and Resistance. Directed by Lourdes Grobet.
Bengala – UANL Award
1. Ya no estoy aquí. Directed by Fernando Frías.