In our third edition, Los Cabos historically overcome after the devastating effects of Hurricane Odile. Along with Los Cabos Unstoppable campaign, the Festival could succesfully happen, becoming a symbol of a strong and solid destination.
Los Cabos International Film Festival took place on November 12th through 16th. Mexican, American and Canadian strategic partners, as well as friends from throughout the world, built a platform of cultural and commercial exchange of the film scene in the beautiful Baja California Sur backdrop.
- Denys Arcand: We presented two plays that allowed us to submerge into the quebequois screenwriter, actor and director’s cosmos: Le Règne de la Bauté and Les Invasions Barbares.
- Guillermo Arriaga: We projected his film The Burning Plain.
- Roger Ebert: We paid a posthumous tribute to the acclaimed American film critic. We screened the documentary Life Itself, based on his memoirs.
- Atom Egoyan: We showed two of the director’s most representative films: The Captive and Exotica.
LLÉVATE MIS AMORES (Mexico)
Los Herederos (Mexico)
EL INCIDENTE (Mexico)
CONCIERTO PARA BESTIAS
SABRÁS QUÉ HACER CONMIGO (Mexico)
Premio Gabriel Figueroa Fund in Development Stage
1. Coleccionistas de sombras. Directed by Viviana García Besné.
2. Los días más oscuros de nosotras. Directed by Astrid Rondero.
3. Entrevero. Directed by Max Zunino.
4. Hombre por hombre. Directed by Marcelo Tobar.
5. Ojos de mar y tierra. Directed by José Álvarez.
6. Siete horas. Directed by Chema Rodríguez.
7. Ya no estoy aquí. Directed by Fernando Frías.
Premio Gabriel Figueroa Fund in Post production Stage
1. El charro de Toluquilla. Directed by José Villalobos Romero.
2. Semana Santa. Directed by Alejandra Márquez Abella.