In its sixth edition, Los Cabos International Film Festival, wich was held from November 8th to 12th in Baja California Sur, Mexico, presented a programme consisting of recently produced feature films that premiered with us and others that have toured the main film festivals around the world.
Our audience enjoyed 42 national and international titles of wich 90% were premiered at the festival: 5 world premieres, 3 international premieres, 9 premieres in Latin America and 20 in Mexico.
The Tribute 2017 was for Paul Schrader, one of the most important directors and screenwriters of the United States. We selected two key films in his filmography, Mishima and First Reformed; both of them were screened at the festival.
Outstanding work at cinema
The Australian actress and producer, Nicole Kidman, was recognized at the Closing Ceremony with the Outstanding Work in the Cinema. Kidman, considered one of the most talented and valued figures in the film industry, was also present at a special feature of The Killing of a Sacred Deer.
THE FLORIDA PROJECT (USA)
AYER MARAVILLA FUI (Mexico)
CAMINO A MARTE (Mexico)
A MORIR A LOS DESIERTOS (Mexico)
A GHOST STORY (USA)
MOBILE HOMES (Canada-France)
LOS DÍAS MÁS OSCUROS
GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND WINNERS – PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT STAGE
1. Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund Award – Film in Development. Two film projects in development stage with a grant of $ 150,000.00 MXN for each one:
- Noche de fuego (Mexico). Directed by Tatiana Huezo.
- Israela Talleen (México-Israel). Directed by Trisha Ziff.
2. CTT Exp & Rentals Award. Valued at more than $ 1,256,640.00 MXN of filming equipment rental for four weeks.
- La caída (México). Directed by David Pablos.
3. Talent On The Road – World Talent House Award. With a value of $ 150,000.00 MXN:
- Tengo miedo torero (Mexico-Chile). Directed by Rodrigo Sepúlveda.
4. LCI Award: Award that covers the entire production insurance, equivalent to $ 10,000 USD:
- Temple (México). Directed by Lucía Gajá.
GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND – TV IN DEVELOPMENT
1. Los Cabos Film Festival and SPR. For TV series in development, a grant of $ 100,000.00 MXN thanks to Canal 14 of the Sistema Público de Radiodifusión del Estado Mexicano.
- Litempo (Mexico-USA). By Manuel Alcalá.
2. Chemistry Award. With a value of $ 300,000.00 MXN in services for the pilot program of a television series.
- Penumbra (Colombia). By Pablo Barrera.
3. Los Cabos Goes to Cannes. Marché du Film granted an accreditation for Producers Network.
- La caída (Mexico). Directed by David Pablos.
GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND WINNERS – WORK IN PROGRESS
1. Premio Work in Progress. To a film in post-production stage, with a value of $ 120,000.00 MXN in cash:
- Clases de historia (Mexico). Directed by Marcelino Islas Hernández.
2. Premio Labodigital. In post-production services, with a value of $ 52,000 USD each one:
- Bayoneta (Mexico). Directed by Kyzza Terrazas.
- La camarista (Mexico). Directed by Lila Avilés.