2018 Call For Entries are Open
Part of Los Cabos International Film Festival’s objectives is to support young Mexican talent through a daring program that is at the same time amiable to larger audiences that seek a fresh and diverse cinema. We call on filmmakers, directors and producers to register their films in the various spaces we offer to promote and disseminate the kind of cinema we believe in.
For out 7th edition we are proud to include new awards presented by allies that have collaborated with the Festival in past editions, as well as by new partners interested in supporting young talent. We would like to thank each of them for making film industry development and growth possible: Cinemex, FIPRESCI, Art Kingdom, Chemistry, CTT Exp & Rentals, Cinecolor and Talent On the Road / World Talent House!
Categories open for call for entries: Official Selection and Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund.
Registration for finished films:
COMPETENCIA LOS CABOS. Feature-length fiction or documentary, produced or co-produced with Mexico, USA or Canada.
Competencia Los Cabos Award: $300, 000.00 MXN (three hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize for the producer.
MÉXICO PRIMERO. Feature-length fiction or documentary, produced or co-produced with Mexico.
▪ Cinemex México Primero Award: $300, 000.00 MXN (three hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize for the director.
▪ The International Federation Film Critics (FIPRESCI) Award for for filmic excellence.
▪ Trailer Art Kingdom Award: with a value of $14,000 USD (fourteen thousand dollars). Includes creative process, production and post-production services.
All Mexican films participating in Competencia Los Cabos and México Primero are eligible for the Cinemex Audience Award, a $300,000.00 MXN (three hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize.
Registration for films and television series in development and post-production stages, and films in post-production:
In its capacity as an industry platform, the Festival calls on film and television directors and producers to register projects that are in the development and post-production stages. The Festival will select 20 entries from all projects submitted: 5 Works in Progress, 10 Film Projects in Development, and 5 TV Series in Development, whose representatives will have the opportunity to attend one-on-one Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund Meetings with renowned members of the International film industry.
Fiction or documentary feature-length works, produced or co-produced with Mexico, USA or Canada are eligible to participate. 10 entries will be selected to compete for the following awards:
- Los Cabos Film in Development Award: $100,000 MXN (one hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize.
- CTT EXP & Rentals Award: worth of filming equipment rental for four weeks.
- Talent On The Road Award/ World Talent House: $150,000.00 MXN (one hundred and fifty thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize.
Fiction or documentary television series, produced or co-produced with Mexico and/or any other Latin American country are eligible to participate. The content of the entries must unfold episodically within the scope of one season, with chapters related dramatically and thematically to each other.
▪ Art Kingdom TV in Development Award: worth $5,000 USD (five thousand dollars). Includes creative process and post-production services.
Fiction or documentary feature-length works in the post-production stage, produced or coproduced with Mexico, are eligible to participate.
- Los Cabos Work in Progress Award: $100,000.00 MXN (one hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize.
- Chemistry Prize: $945,864.00 MXN (nine hundred forty-five thousand eight hundred sixty-four Mexican pesos) worth of post-production services: film conform, color correction, digital deliveries, graphic insertions, Quality Check and DCP.
- Cinecolor México Award: $443,700.00 MXN (four hundred forty three thousand seven hundred Mexican pesos) equivalent to 100 hours of color correction and one DCP.
The Festival wishes to thank all our allies that come together to acknowledge the great talent that converges in this cinematographic and cultural event. The support and commitment given to productions that showcase the highlights of independent regional films is growing year after year.
COME SEE WHAT THE NEIGHBORS ARE DOING!