GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND
CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR WORK IN PROGRESS
Fiction or documentary feature-length films in post-production stage produced by or co-produced with Mexico, with a minimum final duration of 60 minutes are eligible for submission.
Of all submitted entries, 5 films in post-production stage will be selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings and will be able to compete for the awards stipulated for this category, in addition to having access to the following benefits:
AWARDS AND PRIZES FOR WORK IN PROGRESS
- Los Cabos Work in Progress Award: $200,000.00 MXN (two hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize.
- Chemistry Award: $1,542,600.MXN (one million five hundred and forty-two thousand six hundred Mexican pesos), in post-production services.
- Cinecolor México Award: $443,700.00 MXN (four hundred forty-three thousand seven hundred Mexican pesos), equivalent to 100 hours of color correction services and one DCP.
- The current submission call will be open from June 3rd, 2019 through August 17th, 2019 before 18:00 hrs.
- The five Work in Progress films selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings will be announced on the Festival’s official website on October 2nd, 2019.
- Winners of Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund – Work in Progress will be announced during the closing ceremony (November 17th) of the eighth edition of Los Cabos International Film Festival which will take place from November 13th – 17th, 2019 in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Representatives of the 5 selected projects for Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund – Work in Progress will obtain the following benefits:
- Participation in the GFFF-Meetings (one-on-one sessions with professionals of the international filmmaking industry: sales agents, distributors, production companies, representatives from international film festivals, television networks, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.).
- Up to two round trips to Los Cabos, Mexico, exclusively for the director and producer of the project.
- Hotel accommodation (one double room, breakfast included) in Cabo San Lucas from November 13th – 17th, 2019 (four nights) exclusively for the director and producer of the project. Maximum two people, without companions.
- Industry badges for both representatives.
- Private screening exclusively for industry delegates of the Festival (distributors, sales agents and representatives from other film festivals, among others).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Applications must be submitted in English or Spanish through the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund application form.
- Feature-length films applying for GFFF- Work in Progress must be at least 60 minutes long.
- The projects selected in previous editions cannot be submitted again in the same category.
- Upon completion, all participating films must include Los Cabos International Film Festival and Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund logos on the film’s credits and all promotional materials.
- Once the application form is submitted via our website, applicants will receive a confirmation email indicating their registration number.
- The winning projects must commit to include the logos of Los Cabos International Film Festival and Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund in the initial credits of the film, including the legend: With the support of.
- The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any entry that fails to submit all the required information.
- All applications imply consent and acknowledgment of our Rules and Regulations.
- Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
REQUIRED INFORMATION AND MATERIALS:
- Original Language.
- Country of production.
- Director´s info: Name, e-mail, bio and link to previous work
- Producer´s info: Name, e-mail, bio and link to previous work
- Short synopsis (500 characters including spaces).
- In-depth synopsis (1800 characters including spaces).
- Director´s statement (500 characters including spaces).
- Total film budget (stated in USD).
- Secured budget (stated in USD).
- Current status (300 characters including spaces).
- Financial scheme. PDF document detailing both the assured and the to be confirmed financing as well as the possible sources and whether it is in specie or cash (up to 4MB).
- Tentative release date.
- Private link with password.
- Still of the project (300 dpi, JPG format, up to 2MB).
- If available, enclose documents supporting awards, agreements, letters of intention and/or contracts ascribed to the project. Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB). Also additional documentation deemed relevant by the applicant (moodboard, confirmed cast and crew, teaser or trailer of the Episodic Content, etc.) Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB).
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, June 3rd, 2019