GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND
CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR WORK IN PROGRESS
Fiction or documentary feature-length films in post-production stage produced by or co-produced with Mexico, with a minimum final duration of 60 minutes are eligible for submission.
Of all submitted entries, 5 films in post-production stage will be selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings and will be able to compete for the awards stipulated for this category, in addition to having access to the following benefits:
AWARDS AND PRIZES FOR WORK IN PROGRESS
- Los Cabos Work in Progress Award: $100,000.00 MXN (one hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize.
- Chemistry Award: $945,864.00 MXN (nine hundred forty-five thousand eight hundred sixty-four Mexican pesos) worth of post-production services: film conform, color correction, digital deliveries, graphic insertions, Quality Check and DCP.
- Cinecolor México Award: $443,700.00 MXN (four hundred forty three thousand seven hundred Mexican pesos), equivalent to 100 hours of color correction services and one DCP.
1. The current submission call will be open from May 14th, 2018 at 16:00 hrs. through August 17th, 2018 before 18:00 hrs.
2. The 5 Work in Progress films selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings will be announced on the Festival’s official website on October 11th, 2018.
3. Winners of Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund – Work in Progress will be announced during the closing ceremony (November 10th) of the seventh edition of Los Cabos International Film Festival which will take place from November 7th – 11th, 2018 in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Representatives of the 5 selected projects for Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund – Work in Progress will obtain the following benefits:
1. Participation in the GFFF-Meetings (one-on-one sessions with professionals of the international filmmaking industry: sales agents, distributors, production companies, representatives from international film festivals, television networks, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.).
2. Two round trips to Los Cabos, Mexico, exclusively for the director and producer of the project.
3. Hotel accommodation (one double room, breakfast included) in Cabo San Lucas from November 7th – 11th, 2018 (four nights) exclusively for the director and producer of the project.
4. Industry badges for both representatives.
5. Private screening exclusively for industry delegates of the Festival (distributors, sales agents and representatives from other film festivals, among others).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Applications must be submitted in English or Spanish through the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund application form.
2. Feature-length films applying for GFFF- Work in Progress must be at least 60 minutes long.
3. Upon completion, all participating films must include Los Cabos International Film Festival and Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund logos on the film’s credits and all promotional materials.
4. Once the application form is submitted via our website, applicants will receive a confirmation email indicating their registration number.
5. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any entry that fails to submit all the required information.
6. All applications imply consent and acknowledgement of our Rules and Regulations.
7. Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
REQUIRED INFORMATION AND MATERIALS:
- Country of production.
- Production company.
- Original Language.
- Current status (300 characters including spaces).
- Short synopsis (600 characters including spaces).
- In-depth synopsis (3600 characters including spaces).
- Director’s biography (800 characters including spaces).
- Link to Director’s previous work (teaser or trailer).
- Producer’s biography (800 characters including spaces).
- Link to Producer’s previous work (teaser or trailer).
- Producer’s email address.
- Total film budget (stated in USD).
- Secured budget (stated in USD).
- Tentative release date.
- If available, enclose documents supporting awards, agreements, letters of intention and/or contracts ascribed to the project. Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB).
- Still from the project (300 dpi, JPG format, up to 2MB).
- List of processes remaining to finish the film.
- Link with password access to the final cut of the movie.
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, May 14th, 2018