- The Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund 2017 contemplates three types of projects:
- Film Projects in Development Stage: feature-length films for films that are from or co-produced with Mexico, USA or Canada with any other country.
- TV Projects in Development: fiction or documentary television series from México or any other Latin American country.
- Work-in-Progress: Mexican feature-length films in post-production stage.
- Production companies may submit as many projects and/or feature films as they would like.
- Works that do not meet the terms and conditions stated on the call for entries and the present rules and regulations will be automatically disqualified
- The jury has the authority to confer Special Mentions, which do not entail cash prizes.
- Cash prizes cannot be shared or divided.
- Submission of a project or feature film is to be taken as the understanding and agreement of the entire contents of these guidelines and Los Cabos Film Festival’s terms and conditions
The Film and TV Projects in Development registration deadline is September 1st, 2017, 18:00 CST.
The Work-in-Progress Projects registration deadline is September 1st, 2017, 18:00 CST.
All entries must meet the following criteria:
- Submitters must fill in once our online submission form through the Eventival platform (in order to access the form it is necessary to create a username and password within the platform). If selected, film information will be published in Los Cabos Film Festival Industry Catalogue.
- Projects or feature films may be submitted for selection through a private streaming link with password which must be included in their application package.
- The signer will be the person recognized as the representative for all events related to the project or feature film’s participation in the Festival.
III SELECTED FILM AND TELEVISION PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT AND WORK-IN-PROGRESS
- The list of projects and feature films selected to participate in Los Cabos Industry Meetings will be published on the festival website on Tuesday October 5th, 2017.
- The selected projects will travel to Los Cabos will have one on one meetings with international film industry members such as sales agents, distributors, financing funds, production companies, international film festivals, broadcasting networks, on-demand streaming platforms, etc. and
- Selected projects participating in Los Cabos Industry Meetings commit to participate in all the industry activities during Los Cabos Film Festival.
- Once selected works have been announced, Festival’s Guest Department will contact applicants of selected works. They will be informed about specific details regarding their Festival attendance and, once confirmed, any itinerary change will be paid by the participant.
- Selected featured films for Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund Work-in-Progress must be submitted with english subtitles before October 13th, 2017 at 18:00 CST in Quicktime Apple Pro Res 422 HQ @24 FPS 1920 x 1080 1 surround sound (or stereo if not available).
IV AWARDED PROJECTS AND FEATURE FILMS
- Prize money will be paid against receipted invoice. This transaction will be based on current law regarding federal and state taxes.
- Work-in-Progress winner projects and feature films (parallel awards included) will be consider as an Official Selection and Mexican Premiere of the 2018 Los Cabos International Film Festival .
- The Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund will confer 104,000 USD (a hundred and four thousand USD) in postproduction services provided by Labodigital. Prizes will be assigned according to the needs of each winning project and are not negotiable.
- For the first time the Talent On The Road Award for Film Projects in Development Stage will award one cash prize of $150,000.00 MX (one hundred and fifty thousand Mexican pesos).
- For the third year a Film Project in Development Stage will be awarded with the CTT EXP & RENTALS Cinematographic Film Awardfor Film Projects in Development Stage with a value of $1,256,000.00 MX (One million two hundred fifty six thousand pesos).
- Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund Film Projects in Development Stage, will award two $150,000 MX cash prizes (one hundred and fifty thousand Mexican pesos).
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, May 29th, 2017