GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The 2019 Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund contemplates three types of projects:
- Film Projects in Development Stage: Feature-length films produced by or co-produced with Mexico, USA or Canada in affiliation with any other country.
- Episodic Contents in Development Stage: series, webseries or episodic content projects for television or digital platforms (OTT, streaming, social media), fiction or documentary produced by or co-produced with Mexico or any other Latin American country.
- Work in Progress: feature-length films in post-production stage produced by or co-produced with Mexico.
- Production companies may participate with any number of projects deemed necessary.
- All submitted projects must have a producer.
- Submissions that do not comply with the requirements specified in the Call for Entries will be automatically disqualified.
- The jury has the authority to bestow Honorable Mentions, which do not imply a cash prize.
- The Award ceremony and announcement of winners of GFFF will take place during the closing ceremony (November 17th) of the eight edition of the Los Cabos International Film Festival.
- Submission of works implies the acceptance of the Rules and Regulations stated herein.
- Los Cabos International Film Festival reserves the right to extend direct invitations to projects to encourage their participation in any of the GFFF Calls for Entry.
- Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
The deadline for submitting all projects is August 17th, 2019 at 18:00 hrs.
For each project submitted, applicants must:
- Fill in the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund application form (only once) through the Eventivalplatform (to gain access to the form it is necessary to create a username and password). In the event the work is selected, the information provided will be used for the Festival catalogue.
- Participants must submit preselection materials electronically, through password protected streaming links provided in the appropriate folders within the application.
- The person who signs the application form will be the liaison for all aspects related to the project’s participation in the Festival.
III. SELECTED FILM AND EPISODIC CONTENT PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT AND WORK IN PROGRESS
- The list of projects and feature-length films selected to participate in GFFF-Meetings will be published on the Festival’s official website on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019.
- The 20 selected projects will travel to Los Cabos and will be able to participate in GFFF-Meetings, one-on-one sessions with professionals of the international filmmaking industry: sales representatives, distributors, production companies, representatives from international film festivals, television networks, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.
- The project’s representatives must commit to participate in GFFF-Meetings sessions which will take place from November 14th-16th during the Los Cabos International Film Festival.
- Aside from participating in GFFF-Meetings, representatives from the selected GFFF-Work in Progress category must be present at the screening of their feature-length film which will take place from November 14th-16th during the Los Cabos International Film Festival.
- Having made the official GFFF selection public, the Festival’s Guest Department will contact listed representatives for each selected entry. Once traveling itineraries and participation schedules have been agreed upon and emitted, it is the guests’ responsibility to cover any expenses associated with changes in itineraries.
- The address for submitting materials for GFFF- Work In Progress will be announced once participation is confirmed.
IV. WINNING PROJECTS AND FEATURE FILMS
- The projects awarded by GFFF shall be considered to participate in the screening program of the 2020 Los Cabos International Film Festival.
- The winning projects must sign a letter of acceptance of the award confirming the commitment to respect the bases of participation of the corresponding calls, including the insertion of logos of Los Cabos International Film Festival and Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund in the initial credits of the film or series, including the legend: With the support of.
- Cash prizes will not be divided or shared.
- Winners must sign an agreement or contract stating acceptance and compliance with each and every award-granting institution.
- Cash prizes granted by GFFF will be given to the project’s producer.
- Cash prizes granted by GFFF will be disbursed only once the corresponding invoice from the beneficiary is produced. The VAT (value-added tax) is already included in the prize money. The transaction will be governed by current Mexican Federal and State tax laws.
CALL FOR ENTRIES:
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, June 3rd, 2019