- Los Cabos International Film Festival is divided into two competitive sections: Competencia Los Cabos and México Primero.
- Feature-length films that have been completed in 2017 may be submitted. Works previously submitted to Los Cabos Film Festival are not eligible.
- Feature-length films that have any employee of Los Cabos Film Festival in their main credits are not eligible to participate in competitive sections.
- Festival screening formats are Digital Cinema Package (DCP) with KDM encryption key or Quicktime Apple Pro Res 422 HG, 1920 X 1080, 5.1 surround sound (or stereo if not available).
- Feature films that do not meet the aforesaid conditions will be automatically disqualified
- Jury can award Special Mentions, but these are not cash prizes.
- Prize money will not be divided or shared.
- Submission of a feature-length film is to be taken as the understanding and agreement of the entire contents of these guidelines and Cabos Film Festival’s terms and conditions (links are at the end of the document).
The submission dates are from May 29th to August 125th, 2017, at 18:00 CST.
All entries must meet the following criteria:
- Submitters must fill in once our online submission form (links are at the end of the document). If selected, film information will be published in Cabos Film Fest Catalogue.
- Films may be submitted for selection through an online password-protected streaming service (such as Vimeo, Cinando, Festivalscope, etc.) by filling this data in our online submission form.
Alternatively, films may be personally delivered or sent by mail. If so, you must send 4 DVD copies clearly labeled with film title, director, running time and year of production, along with a print copy of your proof of registration (which will be sent to you by email once you have finished online registry).
Please ship your materials to:
Los Cabos International Film Festival
General Salvador Alvarado 96-5
Delegación Miguel Hidalgo
11800, México, D.F.
+5255 6585 1061/65
Monday through Friday 10:00 to 18:00 hrs.
- If sending entries by postal or courier services, postmark date will be considered.
- Los Cabos Film Festival does not assume liability for loss or damage to entries during shipping.
- The Festival will keep DVD copies of selected films as part of its archives for non-profit purposes. Only Blu-Ray screeners can be returned upon request, but shipment must be paid by the applicant.
III SELECTED FILMS
- Official Selection will be announced on October 8th, 2017, on the Festival website, day in which the representative of each film will be sent, the official letter of invitation of the film to integrate it in the film selection of the festival.
- Once a film has been selected, it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival programme.
- Once line-up has been announced, Festival’s Guest Department will contact applicants of selected films. They will be duly informed about specific details regarding their Festival attendance and, once confirmed, any itinerary change will be paid by the participant.
- Selected films must screen between November 8th and 12th, 2017, at Los Cabos Film Festival, in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, in Mexico.
- If the film has been sent by a private streaming link for selection, applicants are committed to submit In order to participate in the Festival, directors and/or producers of selected films are committed to send:
- Copy of projection of the selected works subtitled to English or Spanish as the case may be. The accepted exhibition formats will be: Digital Cinema Package (DCP) with KDM encryption key or Quicktime Apple Pro Res 422 HG, 1920 X 1080, 5.1 surround sound (or stereo if not available).
- One Blu-ray as a backup for the screening.
- Film’s trailer in HD for promotional purposes.
- Four (4) exhibition copies in DVD to the Festival’s Office for internal use. The Festival is committed to use them only for non-profit purposes.
- Copy with dialogs lists (in the original language and/or in English) with time code.
- Technical and catalog information form with complete information about the film.
The delivery dates of the materials listed above will be informed in the official invitation letter that the selected ones will receive no later than Friday, October 6, 2017. Extensions will not be accepted for such deliveries.
- Festival reserves the right to use excerpts from selected films for promotional purposes only (one minute maximum), including but not limited to broadcast on TV or the internet .
- With the purpose of extending the festival programming to the Mexico City audience, selected films can be electable to showcase in the film exhibition that will take place in a weekend (may be end on November or beginning December 2017). If the film is selected, the producer accepts this exhibition as part of the festival activities and will not imply an extra fee for the showcasing.
IV AWARDED FILMS
An International Jury will define the granting of the prizes and its decision will be final.
Prize money will be paid against receipted invoice. This transaction will be based on current law regarding federal and state taxes.
V SHIPMENT AND RETURN OF FILM PRINTS
- If selected for competitive sections, the Festival is covering the shipping costs for the film screening material to or from its office, by previous agreement with each film representative.
- After receiving film prints, the Festival is responsible for their insurance until they are sent back.
- Copies of selected films must be sent to the shipping address mentioned on the acceptance letter which will be sent to each film representative.
- If sending by courier service, please mention “Cultural material with no commercial value”.
- We will only assume liability for loss or damage to film prints when shipment to or from our office is carried out by us.
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur May 29th, 2017