- Director: Panos Cosmatos
- Production Companies: SpectreVision, Umedia, Legion M, XYZ Films
- Producers: Daniel Noah, Josh C. Waller, Elijah Wood, Adrian Politowski, Nate Bolotin
- Screenplay: Panos Cosmatos, Aaron Stewart-Ahn
- Cinematography: Benjamin Loeb
- Editing: Brett W. Bachman
- Sound: François Dumont
- Music: Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Cast: Nicolas Cage, Andrea Riseborough, Linus Roache, Ned Dennehy, Olwen Fouéré, Richard Brake, Bill Duke
Red Miller (Nicolas Cage) has found true love by charming Mandy’s (Andrea Riseborough) side and together they live peacefully surrounded by Californian nature. Their near-perfect life is shattered when a group of religious fanatics settles in the woods, and their leader Jeremiah (Linus Roache), obsessed with his desire for Mandy, kidnaps, tortures, and murders her. Covered in blood and ashes, Red swears to avenge her death, unleashing a blind fury that shall not be fulfilled until his lover’s murderers pay for their crime, in an equal amount of pain and suffering as his.
From the start, we know that Mandy is not a conventional film. Though the story seems to take place in our reality, Panos Cosmatos creates an almost alien-like aesthetic, that oscillates between dreams and nightmares, as a cinematic version of an 80’s heavy-metal album cover. Without a doubt, Nicolas Cage delivers the performance of a lifetime, elevating the visceral experience of Mandy to a cult level.
THURSDAY 8th NOV
CINEMEX PLATINO SALA 3 / 20:30-22:39
FRIDAY 9th NOV
CINEMEX SALA 2 / 20:30-22:39