GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND
call for entries for PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT STAGE
Feature-length films produced or co-produced by Mexico, USA or Canada in affiliation with any other country are eligible to participate.
Of all submitted entries, 10 projects in development stage will be selected to participate in GFFF-Meetings and will be eligible to compete for the awards stipulated for this category, in addition to having access to the following benefits:
AWARDS FOR PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT STAGE
- Los Cabos Film in Development Award: $100,000.00 MXN (one hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize.
- CTT EXP & Rentals Award: With a value of $813, 067.20 MXN of filming equipment rental for four weeks (camera and optic).
- Talent On The Road/ World Talent House Award grants $150,000.00 MXN (one hundred and fifty thousand Mexican pesos) in cash to film projects in development stage produced by or co-produced with Mexico.
- CTT EXP & Rentals + Chemistry Platform Award: $1,283,911.20 MXN (one million, two Hundred eighty three thousand, nine hundred eleven Mexican pesos ) worth in film equipment rental for four weeks of shooting (camera, optics, mobile and generator) granted by CTT EXP & Rentals, and $1,789,416.00 MXN (one million, seven hundred eighty nine thousand, four hundred sixteen Mexican pesos) worth of post-production services, such as film conform, color correction, digital deliveries, graphic insertions, Quality Check, DCP, Blue Ray, DVD and Master backup, granted by Chemistry, to a film project produced by or co-produced with Mexico.
- The current submission call will be open from May 14th, 2018 at 16:00 hrs. through August 17th, 2018 before 18:00 hrs.
- The 10 projects in development selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings will be announced on the Festival’s official website on October 11th, 2018.
- Winners of GFFF- Development will be announced during the closing ceremony (November 10th) of the seventh edition of Los Cabos International Film Festival which will take place from November 7th – 11th, 2018 in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Representatives of the 10 selected projects for GFFF- Development will obtain the following benefits:
- Participation in the GFFF-Meetings (one-on-one sessions with professionals of the international filmmaking industry: sales agents, distributors, production companies, representatives from international film festivals, television networks, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.)
- Two round trips to Los Cabos, Mexico, exclusively for the director and producer of the project.
- Hotel accommodation (one double room, breakfast included) in Cabo San Lucas from November 7th – 11th, 2018 (four nights) exclusively for the director and producer of the project.
- Industry badges for both representatives.
- The 10 selected Projects in Development Stage may be eligible to participate in the exchange program celebrated between Los Cabos International Film Festival, Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP) and Tribeca Film Institute (TFI), both in the United States.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Applications must be submitted in English or Spanish through the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund application form.
- Upon completion, all projects selected by GFFF must include the Los Cabos International Film Festival and the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund logos on the film credits and on all promotional materials.
- Once the application form is submitted via our website, applicants will receive a confirmation email indicating their registration number.
- The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any entry that fails to submit all the required information.
- All applications imply consent and acknowledgement of our Rules and Regulations.
- Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
REQUIRED INFORMATION AND MATERIALS:
- Country of production.
- Production company.
- Original language.
- Current status (300 characters including spaces).
- Short synopsis (600 characters including spaces).
- In-depth synopsis (3600 characters including spaces).
- Director’s biography (800 characters including spaces).
- Link to Director’s previous work (teaser or trailer).
- Producer’s biography (800 characters including spaces).
- Link to Producer’s previous work (teaser or trailer).
- Producer’s email address.
- Total film budget (stated in USD).
- Secured budget (stated in USD).
- Tentative release date.
- If available, enclose documents supporting awards, agreements, letters of intention and/or contracts ascribed to the project. Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB).
- Additional documentation deemed relevant by the filmmakers (moodboard, financial framework, talent and crew confirmed, teaser or trailer of the project, etc.) Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB).
- Still of the project (300 dpi, JPG format, up to 2MB).
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, May 14th, 2018