GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND
CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR EPISODIC CONTENTS IN DEVELOPMENT
Eligible projects include Episodic Content in Development Stage (series, webseries or episodic content projects for television or digital platforms: OTT, streaming, social media), fiction or documentary, produced by or co-produced with Mexico or any other Latin American country. Plotlines for entries must be contained within a one-season span, in dramatically or thematically related episodes. Reality shows, sketch shows, talk shows and web series are not eligible for participation.
Of all submitted entries, 5 projects in the Episodic Contents in Development category will be selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings and will be eligible to compete for the awards stipulated for this category, in addition to having access to the following benefits:
AWARDS AND PRIZES FOR EPISODIC CONTENTS IN DEVELOPMENT
- CTT EXP & Rentals Series Award with a value of $ 498,533.20 MXN (four hundred and ninety-eight thousand five hundred thirty-three with twenty cents Mexican pesos). Includes film crew for 5 days trailer filming.
- Cine Color México Award TV Trailer valued in $348,000.00 MXN (three hundred forty-eight thousand Mexican pesos). Includes post-production services.
- Art Kingdom Promo Trailer Award and creative strategy valued in $97,500 MXN (ninety-seven thousand five hundred Mexican pesos).
- The current submission call will be open from June 3rd, 2019 at 16:00 through August 17th, 2019 before 18:00 hrs.
- The 5 projects selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings will be announced on the Festival’s official website on October 2nd, 2019.
- Winners of GFFF – Episodic Content in Development will be announced during the closing ceremony (November 17th) of the eighth edition of Los Cabos International Film Festival which will take place from November 13th– 17th, 2019 in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Representatives of the 5 selected projects for GFFF – Episodic Content in Development will obtain the following benefits:
- Participation in the GFFF-Meetings (one-on-one sessions with professionals of the international filmmaking industry: television networks, production companies, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.)
- Up to two round trips to Los Cabos, Mexico, exclusively for the director and producer of the project.
- Hotel accommodation (one double room, breakfast included) in Cabo San Lucas from November 13th – 17th, 2019 (four nights) exclusively for the director and producer of the project. Maximum two people, without companions.
- Industry badges for both representatives.
- The selected Episodic Content in Development Stage Projects may be eligible to participate in the exchange program that Los Cabos International Film Festival has celebrated with Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP), in the United States.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Applications must be submitted in English or Spanish through the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund application form.
- Upon completion, all projects selected by GFFF must include Los Cabos International Film Festival and the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund logos on the Episodic Content’s credits and on all promotional materials.
- The projects selected in previous editions cannot be submitted again in the same category or in the Film – Projects in Development category.
- Once the application form is submitted via our website, applicants will receive a confirmation email indicating their registration number.
- The winning projects must commit to include the logos of Los Cabos International Film Festival and Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund in the credits of the episodic content.
- The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any entry that fails to submit all the required information.
- All applications imply consent and acknowledgment of our Rules and Regulations.
- Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
REQUIRED INFORMATION AND MATERIALS:
- Original Language.
- Country of production.
- Director´s info: Name, e-mail, bio and link to previous work
- Producer´s info: Name, e-mail, bio and link to previous work
- Number of episodes in the first season and length of each episode.
- Budget per episode.
- Writer´s bio (300 characters including spaces)
- Short synopsis (500 characters including spaces).
- In-depth synopsis (1800 characters including spaces).
- Director´s statement (500 characters including spaces).
- Total film budget (stated in USD).
- Secured budget (stated in USD).
- Current status (300 characters including spaces).
- Financial scheme. PDF document detailing both the assured and the to be confirmed financing as well as the possible sources and whether it is in specie or cash (up to 4MB).
- Tentative release date.
- Still of the project (300 dpi, JPG format, up to 2MB).
- If available, enclose documents supporting awards, agreements, letters of intention and/or contracts ascribed to the project. Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB). Also additional documentation deemed relevant by the applicant (moodboard, confirmed cast and crew, teaser or trailer of the Episodic Content, etc.) Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB).
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, June 3rd, 2019