OUR 2018 CALL FOR ENTRIES IS NOW CLOSED, OUR CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR OUR 2019 EDITION WILL BE ANNOUNCED NEXT YEAR
GABRIEL FIGUEROA FILM FUND
CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR TV SERIES IN DEVELOPMENT STAGE
Eligible projects include Television Series, fiction or documentary, produced by or co-produced with Mexico or any other Latin American country. Plotlines for entries must be contained within a one-season span, in dramatically or thematically related episodes. Reality shows, sketch shows, talk shows and web series are not eligible for participation.
Of all submitted entries, 5 projects in the TV Series in Development category will be selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings and will be eligible to compete for the awards stipulated for this category, in addition to having access to the following benefits:
AWARDS AND PRIZES FOR TV SERIES IN DEVELOPMENT
- Art Kingdom Promo Trailer Award valued in 5, 000 USD (five thousand dollars). Includes creative process and post production services.
- BOBO Award: $100,000.00 MXN (one hundred thousand Mexican pesos) cash prize.
- The current submission call will be open from May 14th, 2018 at 16:00 hrs. through August 24th, 2018 before 18:00 hrs.
- The 5 projects selected to participate in the GFFF-Meetings will be announced on the Festival’s official website on October 16th, 2018.
- Winners of GFFF – TV Series will be announced during the seventh edition of the Los Cabos International Film Festival which will take place from November 7th – 11th, 2018 in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Representatives of the 5 selected projects for GFFF – TV Series will obtain the following benefits:
- Participation in the GFFF-Meetings (one-on-one sessions with professionals of the international filmmaking industry: television networks, production companies, on-demand streaming platforms, financiers, etc.)
- Two round trips to Los Cabos, Mexico, exclusively for the director and producer of the project.
- Hotel accommodation (one double room, breakfast included) in Cabo San Lucas from November 7th – 11th, 2018 (four nights) exclusively for the director and producer of the project.
- Industry badges for both representatives.
The 5 selected TV Series in Development Stage may be eligible participate in the exchange program celebrated between Los Cabos International Film Festival and Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP) in the United States.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Applications must be submitted in English or Spanish through the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund application form.
- Upon completion, all projects selected by GFFF must include Los Cabos International Film Festival and the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund logos on the TV series’ credits and on all promotional materials.
- Once the application form is submitted via our website, applicants will receive a confirmation email indicating their registration number.
- The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any entry that fails to submit all the required information.
- All applications imply consent and acknowledgement of our Rules and Regulations.
- Any concerns not contemplated within the present Call for Entries will be resolved by the Organizing Committee.
REQUIRED INFORMATION AND MATERIALS:
- Country of production.
- Production company.
- Original Language.
- Current status (300 characters including spaces).
- Short synopsis (500 characters including spaces).
- In-depth synopsis (1800 characters including spaces).
- Director’s biography (300 characters including spaces).
- Link to Director’s previous work (teaser or trailer).
- Link to Producer’s previous work (teaser or trailer).
- Producer’s email address.
- Total film budget (stated in USD).
- Secured budget (stated in USD).
- Tentative release date.
- If available, enclose documents supporting awards, agreements, letters of intention and/or contracts ascribed to the project. Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB).
- Additional documentation deemed relevant by the applicant (moodboard, financial framework,confirmed cast and crew members, teaser or trailer of the TV Series, etc.) Everything must fit in a single PDF file (up to 4MB).
- Still from the project (300 dpi, JPG format, up to 2MB).
- Tentative number of seasons, number of episodes in the first season and length of each episode.
Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, May 14th, 2018